I recently found out my fellow blogger Samad Aidane has been working hard to help set up a ‘telesummit’ in March.
I know several of the presenters and this should be a good event! ?I have attended the PMI Global Congress event for the last 3 years, and this virtual event is much more cost effective while still getting some great exposure to top-notch speakers. ?And no airplane trip!
If you are unable to attend the live sessions March 8-10, you can watch?the recordings when it is most convenient to you.
More from their website:
The theme for this first edition of the Telesummit is ?Thrive?. The focus is on the insights you need?to stay ahead and thrive despite today?s challenging and turbulent business climate. You will learn?winning strategies for delivering successful projects, expand your skill set, and network with other project?management professionals, practitioners, and thought leaders.
Here?s a glimpse at some of the Telesummit speakers and topics you can?t afford to miss:
- Rick Morris: Stop Playing Games! A Project Manager?s Guide to Successfully Navigating
- Organizational Politics
- Dana Brownlee: The Secrets to Running Project Status Meetings that WORK!!
- Jason Fair: Agile in large Enterprise System Integration projects
- Todd Williams: Improving Project Inception
- Traci Duez: Change is Impossible Unless You Change Your Mind
- Dr. Steven Flannes: Recognizing and Resolving Project Conflict
- Steve Martin: Consulting Secrets for Project Managers
- Geoff Crane: The Soft Skill Salsa: An Examination of Destructive Behaviors in Project Managers
- Tres Roeder: A Sixth Sense for Project Management
- Richard B. Sheridan: Agile and the Business Value of Joy
- Patricia Garofano: Look before you Leap: Managing the Successful Vendor Transition Project
- Bernardo Tirado: How Does Understanding Human Behavior Increase Your Project Success?Rate?
- Dr. Margery Mayer: Global Communications; what does it means in today?s business?
- Brian Munroe: On rescuing troubles projects
When you register for Project Management Telesummit, you can attend from virtually any location in the?world that has an Internet connection and a computer with a Web browser. ?This is an ideal opportunity to?get a conference experience without all the cost and hassle of travel (no hotel, rental car, or wasted time).