I started pmStudent a few years ago just to throw ideas out and it has been amazing for my career and knowledge in many ways.
Now, I invite all project management students, professionals, and educators who have a passion for project management to write for pmStudent.?? I have migrated pmStudent.com to a new platform that can handle multiple bloggers.? Interested?? Just click “Register” on the top-right of this page.? You will be set up with permissions automatically to submit posts for review.? I will act as the editor and usher posts through the queue.
- You do NOT need to be a professional writer, or have even blogged before
- You do NOT need to have any experience or academic background in PM, but if that is the case, your posts will mostly be in regards to research, book reviews, or thought experiments (like many of my original posts were)
- No big commitment….one post a month or several a week – whatever works for you!
- No particular background…could be PMI, Prince2, RUP, Agile, etc. Or none at all!
- A passion for learning and/or teaching about project management or business analysis.
- Personal development – writing helps clarify your own ideas and facilitate the learning process
- Community/Networking – become engaged with a group of like-minded project management enthusiasts
- Mentoring – writing to share lessons learned with others can be very rewarding and helps you “sharpen the saw” by re-living them
- Marketing yourself – send links to potential employers, clients, etc to stand out from the crowd