Apart from all the hard core techniques, certifications, networking and trying to motivate your team- the asset of a project manager more than often is his or her own personal soft skill set.
Ever thought about the personality type you belong to and how it can contribute towards your effort in becoming a PM?
I happened to stumble on this article which talks at length about the qualities needed.
Here are few questions taken from the article which to-be-PM’s perhaps should think over.
- What basic skills do I lack, and will they interfere with my work?
- What non-Project-Management experiences will help a person be a good Project Manager?
- What are my strongest skills, and will I exercise them daily?
- If I become a Project Manager, what style of management would I tend towards?
- What organizations will best reflect my own values and complement my personality? Where will I ?fit in??
- Why are certain parts of the job so difficult for me?
- How can I grow into the job? What training or experiences will help?
To find out about your personality and use it wisely, visit here .